ABVO RESIDENCY INFORMATION
(page last updated, 1.24.19)
Please note that the Residency Policies & Procedures document is now located on the "ABVO Documents" page, under "ABVO Policies & Procedures". Consult the P&P index to guide you to the appropriate section.
Critical Dates & Deadlines
ORCA Rules 2018-2019
Certification Process Flow Chart (pdf) (updated 10/2018)
Evaluations are to be conducted via an online system. Supervising Diplomates and ABVO Residents must submit forms through the online portal. If you are having difficulty signing into the portal, please contact the ABVO office. Relevant details will be posted on this prior to the January 5th due date (Note this deadline has been moved to January 31, 2019).
Questions may be directed to the Residency Committee.
Instructions for Google Sheets
Access the following forms directly:
1) Residents starting in 2018 with minimum requirements (instructions).
2) Residents finishing in 2019, without minimum requirements (instructions).
3) Residents not finishing in 2019, without minimum requirements (instructions).
4) Surgical guide for Level 2 minimums.
5) Surgery Categorization & Level 2 Guideline
Applications for Universities & Clinics
The updated Residency Training Program Application form is available below.
Download and complete this Word document and send it to the ABVO office (note change in submission address herein). Please direct any questions to the Residency Committee. Changes were made to residency requirements, which resulted in the modification of this form in September 2017, read a message from the ABVO and Residency Committee which highlights these changes.
Applications for Prospective Residents
Please reference the Credentials Information page for more information. The Provisional Resident applications are handled by the ABVO Credentials Committee.
Supervising Diplomates Residency Information Form
In order to facilitate timely tracking of Supervising Diplomates’(Sup Dip) information for residents, the ABVO will require all Sup Dips to submit the “Supervising Diplomate” form, beginning August 15th, 2017.
Sup Dips are required to complete this ABVO notification form when the following occur:
1) Becoming a Supervising Diplomate for the first time
2) After a time lapse, if they are changing or adding additional residents whom they oversee
3) If they are exiting from a current residency program and will be replaced by another Supervising Diplomate
Submission and confirmation received via the Supervising Diplomate form are the only official means of communication to the Residency Committee in this matter. Emails to the office and to the Residency about such changes will no longer be accepted.