MOC APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Steps for Maintenance of Certification Application:
- Download the most current MOC application Excel spreadsheet from ABVO.us. The MOC application changes annually as updates are implemented by the MOC committee, but data from older spreadsheets can be copied and pasted into the newest spreadsheet.
- DO NOT MODIFY or UNLOCK the spreadsheet because it is designed to mathematically calculate or count MOC credits.
- Fill out the application form in the spreadsheet with your name, year boarded, indicate if your MOC is voluntary or mandatory, and if you are a current ACVO member. Provide your contact information with email and mailing address.
- Sign the application form electronically
- Fill in the gray boxes on the spreadsheet with your information:
- Enter your veterinary ophthalmology conference CE hours earned by meeting type in the MOC Credit spreadsheet, by calendar year.
- To determine what your CE hours are, refer to the CE certificate for that conference.
- Enter your ABVO exam committee or VO editorial board participation per year.
- For publication, fill in one table per year (scroll to the right for the next year). If you cut from another document like Word or PowerPoint, use “Paste Special” and select “text” to paste into Excel:
- Enter the earliest publication date
- Enter the title of the journal, book or chapter
- Enter the full names of authors
- Enter the article or chapter title
- Mark in ONE column to indicate what type of publication it was OR enter your author number – for example, 1 for first author, 2 for second author, 4 for fourth listed author, etc.
- For presentations, fill in one table per year (scroll to the right for the next year). If you cut from another document like Word, use “paste special” and select “text” to past into Excel:
- Enter the presentation date
- Enter the name and location for the conference, course, meeting or website
- Enter the full names of the presentation authors
- Enter the presentation title
- Mark in ONE column to indicate the presentation type OR enter the decimal number of hours for certain presentation types
- For peer reviewed journal articles. If you cut from another document like Word, use “paste special” and select “text” to past into Excel:
- Enter the earliest date that you reviewed the journal article
- Enter the full title of the journal article reviewed
- Enter the first author’s full name (as much name as the article lists)
- Enter the article’s full title
- The spreadsheet will calculate the MOC credits earned by each of the above activities and summarize them on the MOC Credit spreadsheet.
- PLEASE enter just enough credits (350-400) to pass MOC. You do not need to submit every eligible activity completed in the five-year period. We will contact you if the application does not have enough MOC credits so that you may enter additional items if needed.
- Pay the application fee through the ABVO.us website portal.
- Submit (attach) your MOC spreadsheet application as an Excel spreadsheet (NOT Numbers spreadsheet) online through the ABVO.us website.
- CE certificates and supporting information does not need to be provided unless you are one of the 10% of applications randomly audited by the MOC committee.
- If you are audited, you will be asked to provide supporting documentation of your MOC activities including conference CE certificates, publications or other proof of MOC activities.